Is my rental car covered?

With spring break and the Easter holiday coming up, many people may be traveling. Some of you travelers might be wondering, “When I rent a car do I need to add insurance offered by the rental car company?” There are a few things you should know that will make traveling less stressful.

If you have a personal auto policy that includes physical damage coverage, this will extend to the rental car. However, if the damage causes the car to be out of service while it is being repaired, the rental car company has the right to charge you for their loss of income while the car is not being used. Your personal auto policy may not cover these costs.  

But here is some good news: If you are insured by West Bend Home and Highway policy with Bryton Insurance Agency, out of service fees from the rental car companies are covered! At West Bend and Bryton Insurance, we view this as a liability claim. Even better, you do not pay a deductible and West Bend will cover the loss of income costs from the rental car company while the car is being repaired.

Accidents happen whether you are driving your personal vehicle or a rental car. Give Chris or Cindy a call with any questions about your personal auto policy and coverage of rental vehicles at 641-755-2123. Then you can relax and enjoy your next trip – and car rental – knowing that West Bend and Bryton Insurance Agency have you covered.